RiceFest 2016 Schedule
Saturday, October 8th, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
11 am – 4:00 pm:
- Artisan Demonstrations and Exhibitors (The Commons, Outdoors on the main lawn, and Rice Hall)
- Music (Bandstand) and at 1:00 pm – Cake Walk / Toy Walk at the Bandstand
- Kids’ Activities (Outside of Heartwood Lodge)
- Lunch by the Bandstand ($10/all-day pass, or a lá carte pricing)
- Apple Cider Pressing & Tasting (Jimmy Soctomah Park) – Bring your own apples and jug(s) to press your own cider! We’ll also have apples from trees on the CCLC’s campus.
11 am – 2 pm: Lorraine Andrews Rice Memorial Raffle (Heartwood Lodge Lobby)
- The raffle drawing will happen at 2 pm! Make sure you get here before 2 to get your raffle tickets! Proceeds will benefit the Machias River Wigwams summer program for teens.Check out some of the raffle prizes here.
2 pm: Whoopie Pie Contest entries due (Drop them off in Rice Hall)
4:30 – 6 pm: Homemade Pizza Supper by the Rice Family (The Commons) & Announcement of Whoopie Pie Contest Winners. Dinner is by donation; proceeds will support the Cobscook Experiential Program for High School Students.
2016 Music Lineup
Outdoors in the Don Furth Memorial Bandstand:
11:00 – 11:40 am ……... Orange River Jazz Band
11:40 am – 12:20 pm …. Shannon Denbow
12:20 – 1:00 pm ………. Michael Cooney
1:00 – 1:35 pm ………… Cake Walk / Toy Walk (with various musicians)
1:35 – 2:15 pm ………… John Scott
2:15 – 2:55 pm ………… Kris Paprocki
2:55 – 3:35 pm ………… Fremont Street String Band
3:35 – 4:30 pm ………… Monday Night Music Circle
During the Supper in the Commons:
5:00 – 5:30 pm ……….... David Wilder
5:30 – 6:00 pm ……….... Michael Cooney
…and for post-dinner entertainment, for all who want to stay longer:
6:00 – 7:00 pm ……….... Monday Night Music Circle
2016 Kid's Activities
Activities for kids (and grown ups!) will be ongoing from 11 am to 4:30 pm and will include:
- Outdoor Games like Corn Hole and Pumpkin Bowling
- Making Scare Crows
- Painting rocks, pumpkins, and turkey tails
- Making flubber and sidewalk chalk
- A touch tank with live marine creatures
- Apple cider pressing
- Earth looms, big and small
- Artisan Demonstrations (til 4:00 pm)
- Cake Walk / Toy Walk at the Bandstand at 1:30 pm
- Music in the Bandstand to dance to all day!
Lunch and Supper
Lunch provided by the Lubec Masons, supper provided by the Rice Family.
Lunch from 11:00 - 4:00 pm
Cost: $10/all-day pass, or a lá carte pricing
Menu details coming soon!
(Usually hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, coleslaw, potato salad, etc)
Supper at 4:30 pm
Proceeds will benefit the CCLC’s program for high school students
On the menu:
Homemade Pizza (Including gluten free and vegan pizza options)
Cake for dessert
A big thank you to the Rice Family and the Lubec Masons for providing meals for RiceFest!