Reports to: Lead Custodian
Under the direction of the Lead Custodian, the Custodial Assistant will maintain a clean, healthy, safe and sanitary facility using environmentally friendly products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a neat and clean environment.
- Sweeping, mopping and other housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Dust furniture and fixtures as required.
- Empty wastebaskets and garbage cans.
- Clean, wash and disinfect restrooms.
- Report minor maintenance needs.
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner.
- Vacuum carpeted areas.
- Clean kitchen sinks and counters.
- Clean laundry, make beds
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned with a sense of humor and team spirit.
Indoor, office, dorms, and activity environments.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional and courteous to staff and visitors to CCLC.
- Independent worker as well as a strong team player.
- Possess good judgment and able to handle sensitive and confidential information in a confidential manner.
- Possess basic understanding of custodial practices and procedures.
- Ability to identify what needs to be done to maintain a healthy, clean office and community environment.
- Ability to stand, bend and lift heavy supply boxes and put products onto shelves.
- Must have organizational skills, ability to multi-task; be self-motivated, and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
Position Type: Hourly on-call, as needed. The Custodial Assistant will fill in for the Lead Custodian as needed during the Lead Custodian’s vacation and days off.
Compensation: $12.00 per hour